National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder
A Resource for Families and People in Recovery Education and Training for Professionals
National Education Alliance forBorderline Personality Disorder
A Resource for Families and People in Recovery.
Education and Training for Professionals.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a serious psychological and psychosocial disorder where people have extreme difficulties regulating their emotions. Problems include intense and volatile emotions (such as shame, anger, sadness or anxiety), chaotic relationships, impulsivity, unstable sense of self, suicide attempts, self-harm, fears of abandonment, and chronic feelings of emptiness.
With effective treatment and support, data show that most people with BPD can make great progress, with important gains even in one year across a variety of problem areas. Many will no longer meet criteria for BPD. Similarly, data show that with help, family members also report big reductions in grief and feelings of burden, as well as an increased sense of mastery and family satisfaction. Over time, 80% of BPD sufferers reduce their symptoms.
At-risk adolescents and young adults: Current evaluation ... - November 10-11, 2016, Tel Aviv, Israel REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN!
‘The New Wave in Psychotherapy’ Program at the Baruch Ivcher School of Psychology, IDC in cooperation with The Israeli Centre for Mentalizing and The National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder
The 2nd International Conference on Borderline Personality Disorder:
What Works for Borderline Personality Disorder:
At-risk adolescents and young adults:
Current evaluation, prevention & treatment strategies
November 10-11 2016, Tel Aviv, Israel
The recent decade has brought with it unique developments in the identification, evaluation and early prevention for at-risk adolescents and young people with higher probability to develop borderline personality disorder. These developments result in a wide range of newly-adjusted therapeutic interventions and more efficient treatments. At the conference, world leading therapists, specializing in the treatment of at-risk adolescents and young adults, will present their clinical models and intervention strategies for working with this challenging patient population.
- Dr. Blaise Aguirre - Medical Director; Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, DBT – Dialectical Behavior Treatment McLean Hospital, Massachusetts; Harvard Medical School
- Dr. David Bernstein - Professor of Forensic Psychotherapy at Maastricht University, the Netherlands, SFT – Schema Focused Treatment
- Dr. Andrew Chanen - Deputy Director of Research, Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health. Professorial Fellow, Centre for Youth Mental Health, The University of Melbourne Director of Clinical Services, Orygen Youth Health, Melbourne, Australia.
- Prof. Carla Sharp - Professor and Director of Clinical Training, University of Houston.
- Abraham J. Twerski, MD - Founder, Medical Director Emeritus Gateway Rehabilitation Center Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- Lynn Courey - Co-founder, The Sashbear Foundation, Toronto Canada
- Dr. Perry D. Hoffman - President and Co-founder National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder (NEA.BPD), New York
The conference will provide clinicians with unique opportunities
- … To understand the fundamentals of cutting-edge approaches especially designed for working with this specific patient population;
- … To hear personal experiences of some of the worlds’ prominent clinicians in working with this patient population, their insights about the processes contributing to improved efficacy of treatment, with special focus on commonalities and differences between the methods;
- … To observe on-stage therapy sessions conducted by master clinicians, demonstrating key-interventions according to the specific approaches discussed at the conference;
- … To understand BPD from the perspective of family members and learn state-of-the art strategies, suitable for both professionals and family members to implement.
Academic organizing committeeDr. Perry Hoffman, Dr. Offer Maurer, Dr. Yoav Broshi, Dr. Ilan Diamant
VenueThe conference will be held at The Tel Aviv Souraski Medical Centre (Ichilov Hospital) at the ‘Sami Ofer Heart Building’ Conference Hall on Thursday and Friday 10th-11th 2016, Tel Aviv, Israel.
Fees & Online RegistrationEarly bird registration until September 30th, 2016
Regular – 580 Shekel
Students, interns and senior citizens (30 places on a first-come-first-serve basis) – 380 Shekel
Registration from October 1st, 2016
Regular – 630 Shekel
Students, interns and senior citizens (30 places on a first come first serve basis) – 430 Shekel
The Conference Program
|Thursday, November 10, 2016|
|08:15||Registration and Reception|
|08:45-09:15||Opening Ceremony - Dr. Abraham Twerski|
|09:15-10:45||Dr. Carla Sharp – Treatment in adolescents with BPD: Mechanisms, process and intervention|
|11:15-12:45||Dr. Andrew Chanen – Indicated prevention is the 'best bet' for prevention of BPD|
|12:45-14:00||Dr. Blaise Aguirre – DBT in the treatment of adolescents and young adults|
|15:00-16:00||Dr. David Bernstein – Schema Therapy for young adults with severe personality disorders|
|16:00-16:30||Dr. David Bernstein – Demonstrating Schema Therapy - A live session|
|16:30-17:15||An interview with Dr. David Bernstein|
|17:15||End of first day|
|Friday, November 11, 2016|
|08:45-09:45||Dr. Blaise Aguirre and Dr. Perry Hoffman and Mrs. Lynn Courey - DBT with families|
|09:45-10:15||Dr. Blaise Aguirre – Demonstrating DBT - a live session|
|10:15-10:45||An interview with Dr. Blaise Aguirre|
|11:15-12:15||Dr. Andrew Chanen – My clinical work with adolescents and young adults|
|12:15-12:45||Dr. Andrew Chanen – Demonstrating interventions in a live session|
|12:45-13:15||An interview with Dr. Andrew Chanen|
|13:15-14:00||Round Table: Dr. Carla Sharp, Dr. Andrew Chanen, Dr. Blaise Aguirre, Dr. Perry Hoffman, Dr. David Bernstein, Mrs. Lynn Courey, Dr. Offer Maurer, Dr. Yoav Broshi, Dr. Ilan Diamant|
Healing Hearts of Families 2017 Conference - Building a Life Worth Living - February 25, 2017 Houston, Texas
Welcome to the National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder website.
We invite you to look at the wealth of information on the site and also to explore our Media Library, an international resource of audio and video postings. We thank the many hundreds of presenters who gave of their time to make this the largest global media library on borderline personality disorder. All resources are available for you at no cost.
Please share your thoughts, suggestions and comments on the site with us. Donations to support our effort are greatly appreciated!